Do you want music in your life or your child’s life? This site is for you if you want help sorting out your options to avoid common mistakes and quickly get off to a successful musical start, including:
- When to start music lessons
- How to decide which instrument to learn first
- Popular first instrument choices, such as piano, guitar, violin, cello, flute, clarinet, trumpet: Basic information, musical opportunities, buying and maintenance tips
- Where to go to buy a musical instrument
- How to find the right teacher or learning program for you
Come on in. I hope you enjoy exploring the site.
If you’re interested in more information, check out the 145-page paperback version or the Kindle version of Music Beginners Guide (or click here for a 125-page digital pdf download). These provide a wealth of additional information, including listening suggestions, recommended resources, folk instrument choices, tips on establishing motivating musical goals, practicing, performing, and musical parenting.